Job Posting: Bookkeeper/Office Manager
The U'mista Cultural Centre and its employees are committed to ensuring the survival of all aspects of Kwakwaka'wakw cultural heritage. This includes language as well as ceremony and care taking repatriated regalia collectively known as the Potlatch Collection.
U'mista is excited to grow our team, we are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper/Office Manager to join our team. This position's primary role is to provide administrative support to the Business Manager. Under the guidance of the Business Manager, this person will be responsible for recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process in QuickBooks Online, verifying that transactions are recorded, reconciling bank statements and managing the office. Other duties include maintaining U'mista's filing system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Reconcile bank statements and accounts payable/receivable
- Entering data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Coordination of all daily office functions
- Clerical work, including filing and/or digitizing all financial papers
- Plan, organize and maintain in good order office supplies and equipment
- Receptionist duties, answering phones, and greeting visitors
- Liaise and coordinate with vendors and suppliers as required
- Assist in the planning and organization of exhibition openings, as needed
- Provide administrative support for Chair, Board of Directors and Executive Director as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have strong cultural and community ties
- 2+ years in bookkeeping and office management experience
- A suitable combination of post-secondary education, training and/or experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to follow direction, and be a self-starter
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with others in a professional, fast-paced environmental
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, accounting software (specifically QBO), and familiarity with Shopify is considered an asset
- A valid driver's license is considered an asset
- Able to work non-traditional hours as necessary
How to Apply?
Apply by 5:00pm, February 16, 2021
Email cover latter and resume to email@example.com with "Bookkeeper/Office Manager Application" in the subject line.
Fax to 1-250-974-5499, ATTENTION Director, with "Bookkeeper/Office Manager Application" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Preference will be given to those of Aboriginal Ancestry - per Section 16(1) Canadian Human Rights Act.